apl. Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Ayoub Al-Hamadi
Head of the Research Group Neuro-Information Technology
Institute for Information Technology and Communications (IIKT)
P.O. Box 4210 Germany,
Building 09, Room (G09-321)
- Ayoub K. Al-Hamadi was born in Taiz, Yemen
- He received his Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering & Information Technology in 1997 and his PhD. in Technical Computer Science at the Otto-von-Guericke-University of Magdeburg, Germany in 2001.
- Since 2003 he has been Junior-Research-Group-Leader at the Institute for Electronics, Signal Processing and Communications at the Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg.
- In 2008 he became Junior-Professor of Neuro-Information Technology at the Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg.
- In May 2010 Prof. Al-Hamadi received the Habilitation in Artificial Intelligence and the Venia Legendi in the scientific field of "Pattern Recognition and Image Processing" from Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg, Germany
- Prof. Al-Hamadi is the author of more than 300 articles in peer-reviewed international journals, conferences and books.
- Image Processing and Pattern Recognition
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Technology
- Artificial Intelligence
Current Research Projects
- Gesture and Posture Recognition
- Analysis of Facial Expression and Emotion Recognition
- Pain Recognition in Post-Operative Phases
- Multi-Objects Tracking and Environment Perception
- 3-Dimensional Surface Recognition
- Authentication of Image and Video
- Video-based Event Recognition
- Content-based Image Retrieval
- Low Bit Rate Video Compression
- Information Fusion and Intention Recognition
- Arabic Handwriting Recognition
- Automated Tank Roof Inspection by Autonomous Robots
- Augmented Reality Based Worker Assistance